Why Is My Air Conditioning Leaking Water?
Why Is My Air Conditioning Leaking Water? – Air Conditioner is one of the most useful electrical appliances in summers. We just can’t live without it on hot sunny days. As it’s important electronic equipment, we need to keep its maintenance in check. Avoiding that can cause many problems. Problems like water dripping from AC also happen since we don’t pay much effort in cleaning the AC. In case you’re wondering why your ac is leaking, the answer is lack of cleaning of AC filters. Sometimes, it also happens due to bad installation. Either way, it’s high time you should start putting efforts in cleaning.
In this blog, we are going to learn the reasons behind ac leakage and we will give you a complete solution for your query “Why Is My Air Conditioning Leaking Water?” and how to fix it. Keep reading to fix your ac by yourself.
5 Solid Reasons Why Your AC Is Leaking
If you see a very small of water leaking from your AC, you need to stop worrying. It happens because of the hot and humid room. But if there’s a continuous leak, you must pay more attention. Here are the 5 reasons why your AC is leaking –
- Unclean Filter – The most common reason behind leaking ac is the uncleaned air filter. As its work is to filter out the dust and dirt from the atmosphere, it demands cleaning after several weeks use. If you don’t clean it often, the evaporator coils freeze and that leads to excess water leaking indoors.
- Broken Condensate Tray – The function of the condensate tray is to collect water that is condensed. If the tray is broken or get rusted, the water will find its way and leak when you use the air conditioner.
- Blocked Drain Pipe – We all know that drain pipe is responsible for carrying out the water from ac unit. If the drainpipe is clogged, you may see that ac starts drumming water due to water accumulation.
- Incorrect Installation – If your ac is new and still leaking, the chances are that you got your ac incorrectly installed. The gap between the ac and condensate tray is non-negligible, the water will start dripping into the room.
- Low Refrigerant Level – Low refrigerant level is another reason due to which your ac may drip water. Low refrigerant level causes low AC pressure. It can lead to freezing of evaporator coil.
How To Fix The Problem Of Air Conditioning Leaking Water?
Now you know the reasons behind the leakage from your AC and Split System Air Conditioner, it’s time to learn how to fix the problem of AC leakage on your one. Follow steps given below to carry out the fixing task –
- Go through AC filters and check if they are clean. If there’s any dirt or clog, you need to clean it properly to get rid of the leaking problem.
- Check the drainpipes. If you find any blockage in it, you have to clear it thoroughly as it prevents water from leaking out of your AC unit.
- If none of the above steps worked, it’s time to check if your AC is installed properly. If you notice any sort of installation error, you must call a professional to get assistance on leaking AC.
Facing Leaking AC Issue? Let Us Assist You!
As we know electrical equipment require immediate attention, you must hire a professional to fix your leaking AC issue. We recommend you to do so to avoid bigger bills on AC repairs. You can find AC Maintenance Professionals at Heating Doctor. Our company is all about providing you genuine assistance without charging you an unreasonable rate. Get in touch with us by dialling our toll-free number.